Tour de France 2007

33 posts / 0 new
Last post
Würden
Administrator
Würden's picture
Offline
Joined:
September, 2006
Posts:
Tour de France 2007

I've been following the tour the last couple of days and it looks better and better for my fellow countryman Michael Rasmussen
Especially after another victory in todays stage.

Sadly there has also been a lot of scandals this year mostly involving doping and so far two teams have been suspended from the race, Cofidis and Astana what do you think about it?
Should all the riders be 'punished' just because one rider is cheating?

__________________

Vanni G original CD/Vinyl collection count: 114

Interested in writing reviews at IDP and get free music?
Then look here!

Wausti
Moderator
Wausti's picture
Offline
Joined:
June, 2006
Posts:

Hmm... my worry is that Michael has taken something Shock

There are many more that has taken dope... don't know what they're thinking about. It should have been stopped long time ago, now it's a part of the sport - almost everyone takes them.

Seb
Newcomer
Seb's picture
Offline
Joined:
April, 2006
Posts:

I watch as many stages as possible but haven't been able to in the last days because I don't have cable right now.

I'm not usually into the cycle sport but there's something about Tour de France & Giro d'Italia. Great views, very exciting and last but not least, our TV commentators are great.

It's sad all the stir around the doping, it should not happen. To have a collective punishment is stupid in my opinion. The ones doing it should have to answer for the consequences, not the rest. I hear they're talking about excluding it from the olympic games. Whatever makes sense about that...

__________________

Wausti
Moderator
Wausti's picture
Offline
Joined:
June, 2006
Posts:

RASMUSSEN IS OUT!!!!!!!!!!! Oh Really! Nooooooooooooooooooo

Würden
Administrator
Würden's picture
Offline
Joined:
September, 2006
Posts:

McWaust wrote:
Hmm... my worry is that Michael has taken something Shock

There are many more that has taken dope... don't know what they're thinking about. It should have been stopped long time ago, now it's a part of the sport - almost everyone takes them.

Haha that must be the 90s you are refering to Tongue
As far as I know only 3 riders have been tested positive for doping this year and with over 150 riders I wouldn't call it "everyone", and there I would not call it a part of the sport because it isn't..
The reason to it wasn't stopped earlier is because they didn't have methods to test for it, now they have and so far those who were doped have been catched.
Regarding Michael Rasmussen, he's not doped he has been through 15 tests before and in the tour which were all negative both before and after a stage, so he is clean. That case with his warnings and exclusion of the Danish national team is just stupid, but don't see any reason to doubt him just because of that.

I agree with Seb, normally im not watching cycling but Tour de France is rather exciting Smile

__________________

Vanni G original CD/Vinyl collection count: 114

Interested in writing reviews at IDP and get free music?
Then look here!

Würden
Administrator
Würden's picture
Offline
Joined:
September, 2006
Posts:

Ok great WORST tour EVER!
3 teams out..

i've been watching Tour de France for 5-10 years and I must say after hearing that Rasmussen and the whole Rabobank team is out that this is the worst i have ever seen!
And nobody from the Rabobank team was doped.. Im just stunned.. Sad

__________________

Vanni G original CD/Vinyl collection count: 114

Interested in writing reviews at IDP and get free music?
Then look here!

Wausti
Moderator
Wausti's picture
Offline
Joined:
June, 2006
Posts:

It's an issue about Michael and the team leader lol STUPID!!

The rest of the team: each rider decide if they want to start tomorrow..

Würden
Administrator
Würden's picture
Offline
Joined:
September, 2006
Posts:

= most of them will probably quit the race Puzzled

__________________

Vanni G original CD/Vinyl collection count: 114

Interested in writing reviews at IDP and get free music?
Then look here!

Würden
Administrator
Würden's picture
Offline
Joined:
September, 2006
Posts:

Great... my day is ruined Sad

Rabobank Angry

__________________

Vanni G original CD/Vinyl collection count: 114

Interested in writing reviews at IDP and get free music?
Then look here!

Würden
Administrator
Würden's picture
Offline
Joined:
September, 2006
Posts:

Okay Rasmussen is out because he apparantly according to an Italian commentator was in Italy when he said he was in Mexico. Rasmussen denies it though, and even his close Italian friend who runs a bike shop near lake Como with Rasmussen denies that he was in Italy at that time. So someone has to be lying, either the commentator or Rasmussen.
Anyway normally you don't convict someone just because you think the person has commited the crime, you convict the person because you know and have evidence which prove that the person commited the crime.

Furthermore Rasmussen had already paid a 10.000€ penalty for his absence, so he is not out of the tour because of his 4 warnings or his suspension from the Danish national team, but becuase the manager of the Rabobank team thinks he has lied.. That is just TOO stupid!

And just look now.. Alberto Contador is now the new guy in yellow and who are the medias accusing for drug-use now? - Him of course..

__________________

Vanni G original CD/Vinyl collection count: 114

Interested in writing reviews at IDP and get free music?
Then look here!

Würden
Administrator
Würden's picture
Offline
Joined:
September, 2006
Posts:

This is Michael Rasmussens version of what happened that Wednesday when he won the king-stage in the mountains and was later on suspended:

"We are just back from the hotel after the stage and still haven't had dinner when Theo de Rooij (Manager of the Rabobank team) pulls me aside. He looks like a man on the edge to a nervous breakdown when he asks me to go up and pack my belongings. When Im packing the door suddenly opens up and in comes Theo de Rooij yelling hysterically that Im not fast enough."

"Apparantly are neither the riders or the team's other managers Erik Berukink and Erik Dekker informed about Rooij's decision. It is his own. 'Michael has broken the team's internalt rules' Rooij explains. Micheal Boogerd asks him which rules he is talking about that has been broken in such a way that Rasmussen have to leave the team. Apparantly Rooij didn't have any answer to this. There was a really bad mood in the room at that time"
- Rasmussen explains and adds: "I was thrown out of the hotel like an animal"

(Taken from a Danish news paper)

Im still stunned Puzzled

__________________

Vanni G original CD/Vinyl collection count: 114

Interested in writing reviews at IDP and get free music?
Then look here!

Wausti
Moderator
Wausti's picture
Offline
Joined:
June, 2006
Posts:

CFE wrote:
"Apparantly are neither the riders or the team's other managers Erik Berukink and Erik Dekker informed about Rooij's decision. It is his own.

This is interesting... hmmm I'm convinced he talked with someone - maybe from sponsor or maybe the tour-crew. Cause this happend suddenly - just after the press conference where the whole rabobank team supported Rasmussen.

Something is not right here... Puzzled
Hmm I looking forward to hear the TRUE story... Laughing out loud

Würden
Administrator
Würden's picture
Offline
Joined:
September, 2006
Posts:

I don't know what to say about it..

According to Theo de Rooij Rasmussen had admitted that he had lied, but according to Rasmussen Rooij is lying, he says he was never in Italy in June...

This is just a rumour:
Seemingly Rabobank (Dutch bank and sponsor) told Theo de Rooij to pull Rasmussen out of the race because they weren't happy about they got a bad press.

This is just stupid because smear campaings after the yellow jersey is normal in Tour de France, the gossip medias need something to write about so they dig up scandals, happens for everyone...

The Rabobank team has existed for 10 years and they never had a man in the yellow jersey to win the Tour, what do they do when it happens?
- They take him out of the race of course, such geniuses!

__________________

Vanni G original CD/Vinyl collection count: 114

Interested in writing reviews at IDP and get free music?
Then look here!

MARINDEEJAY
Newcomer
Offline
Joined:
August, 2006
Posts:

McWaust, Rasmussen is a drug addict, no fair play.

33 years old and never was number 1, now? it´s impossible.

drug, drug and more drug ..............and finishes his career as superman telling Tour is against him. bla bla bla.

Wausti
Moderator
Wausti's picture
Offline
Joined:
June, 2006
Posts:

MARINDEEJAY wrote:
McWaust, Rasmussen is a drug addict, no fair play.

33 years old and never was number 1, now? it´s impossible.

drug, drug and more drug ..............and finishes his career as superman telling Tour is against him. bla bla bla.

I'm not sure about it Smile - He is a WORK-o-Holic Laughing out loud so it is possible that he has practised only for this tour! - remember last year he got the mountain-jersey so he knew he had a good chance in the mountains.

Wausti
Moderator
Wausti's picture
Offline
Joined:
June, 2006
Posts:

CFE wrote:
This is just a rumour: Seemingly Rabobank (Dutch bank and sponsor) told Theo de Rooij to pull Rasmussen out of the race because they weren't happy about they got a bad press.

I heard in the news that Theo de Rooij was pressed by the TOUR-management to take Michael of the tour, cause there was too much action about his person.

And that makes sense... that explains why Theo didn't tell any others, and took the choice himself. [Michael also say that Theo looked like a guy on the edge to nervous breakdown...] Puzzled

Würden
Administrator
Würden's picture
Offline
Joined:
September, 2006
Posts:

MARINDEEJAY wrote:
McWaust, Rasmussen is a drug addict, no fair play.

33 years old and never was number 1, now? it´s impossible.

drug, drug and more drug ..............and finishes his career as superman telling Tour is against him. bla bla bla.

Not number 1, but he came in as number 7 in 2005 he also won the World Championship in mountain bike.. And if you're going to be number 1, sometime has to be the first... There's no point in what you are saying.
What makes you say he was doped!?
He has been through 15 tests both in and before the Tour and all of them were negative and by the way his career isn't over yet and there really was a smear campaign based on rumours after him...

It is actually worse with your countryman Alberto Contador his name appeared in Operation Puerto and he is only 24 years!!
Normally it is very unlikely that such young a person wins the tour. Furthermore Contador has Toni Rominger as manager, the same manager that Matthias Kessler, Patrik Sinkewitz and Alexandre Vinokourov had - All out of the tour because of doping, so Contador is not even one piece less suspecious than Rasmussen.
There are no indications that say Rasmussen was doped so please leave your feelings somewhere else and talk facts.

__________________

Vanni G original CD/Vinyl collection count: 114

Interested in writing reviews at IDP and get free music?
Then look here!

Würden
Administrator
Würden's picture
Offline
Joined:
September, 2006
Posts:

Result Tour de France 2007:

Overall:
1 Alberto Contador (DSC) 91:00:26.000
2 Cadel Evans (PRL) +23"
3 Levi Leipheimer (DSC) +31"

Sprint-points:
1 Tom Boonen (QSI) 256 point
2 Robert Hunter (BAR) 234 point
3 Erik Zabel (MRM) 232 point

Mountain-points:
1 Juan mauricio Soler hernandez (BAR) 206 point
2 Alberto Contador (DSC) 128 point
3 Yaroslav Popovych (DSC) 105 point

Youth-competition (riders under 25 years)
1 Alberto Contador (DSC) 91:00:26.000
2 Juan mauricio Soler hernandez (BAR) +16'51"
3 Amets Txurruka (EUS) +49'34"

Teams:
1 (DSC) Discovery channel team
2 (GCE) Caisse d'epargne +19'36"
3 (CSC) Team csc +22'10"

__________________

Vanni G original CD/Vinyl collection count: 114

Interested in writing reviews at IDP and get free music?
Then look here!

Wausti
Moderator
Wausti's picture
Offline
Joined:
June, 2006
Posts:

Hmm... also after the tour is finished it's high subject lol

Contador + Valverde should be on a "the list" by the spanish Fuentes. Oh Really!
UCI and some from the spanish goverment should have "deleted" Contador from the list Puzzled

I'm excited to see how it will be lol ...pure chaos

Würden
Administrator
Würden's picture
Offline
Joined:
September, 2006
Posts:

Yea.. and check this out:
http://tour.tv2.dk/article.php/id-7747205.html

Dr. Werner Franke, a German doping-expert claims that he has evidence that prove Contador's use of doping.
He says that the election of Contador as winner of the tour is one of the greatest con tricks in sports history ever!!

There are still no indications of doping use from Michael Rasmussen. Rabobank has actually started an investigation to make a statement for what happened.

__________________

Vanni G original CD/Vinyl collection count: 114

Interested in writing reviews at IDP and get free music?
Then look here!

RedHawkIV
Newcomer
RedHawkIV's picture
Offline
Joined:
September, 2008
Posts:

I know this is an old topic, but supposedly Lance Armstrong will participate in the Tour next year. What do you all think about that?

__________________

-RH4-

"And when the rain begins to fall, you'll ride my rainbow in the sky..."

Wausti
Moderator
Wausti's picture
Offline
Joined:
June, 2006
Posts:

Interesting!! Laughing out loud

Würden
Administrator
Würden's picture
Offline
Joined:
September, 2006
Posts:

I wish him good luck!
but i dont leave him much chances Smile

Will be interesting to see what team he choses.. supposedly Astana.

__________________

Vanni G original CD/Vinyl collection count: 114

Interested in writing reviews at IDP and get free music?
Then look here!

dano
Newcomer
Offline
Joined:
December, 2006
Posts:

Why is watching people riding bikes so fun?
Isn't it just funnier to ride a bike yourself? xD Tongue

Würden
Administrator
Würden's picture
Offline
Joined:
September, 2006
Posts:

dano wrote:
Why is watching people riding bikes so fun? Isn't it just funnier to ride a bike yourself? xD Tongue

Up 3 mountains in one day? ehmm... no Smile

and it's not watching the people riding the bikes which is the fun part.. it's the finishes

__________________

Vanni G original CD/Vinyl collection count: 114

Interested in writing reviews at IDP and get free music?
Then look here!

Lucky65
Newcomer
Lucky65's picture
Offline
Joined:
August, 2007
Posts:

Tour de France is for people 60+ Wink

dano
Newcomer
Offline
Joined:
December, 2006
Posts:

I think that's the smartest thing you've ever said Lucy (:

RedHawkIV
Newcomer
RedHawkIV's picture
Offline
Joined:
September, 2008
Posts:

Yeah, personally I'm not into biking. Much of the US doesn't really follow the Tour, either.

__________________

-RH4-

"And when the rain begins to fall, you'll ride my rainbow in the sky..."

Würden
Administrator
Würden's picture
Offline
Joined:
September, 2006
Posts:

RedHawkIV wrote:
Yeah, personally I'm not into biking. Much of the US doesn't really follow the Tour, either.

They just like to have a winner Tongue

__________________

Vanni G original CD/Vinyl collection count: 114

Interested in writing reviews at IDP and get free music?
Then look here!

OrangeJuice
Newcomer
Offline
Joined:
February, 2007
Posts:

I already always watched the Tour, but despite the doping cases I've been more and more interested in cycling and follow it throughout the season Smile
Maybe also because we have some really talented young riders coming up (or well, they already arrived at the top) like Robert Gesink and Lars Boom Smile

In cycling, the athletes just get so much more and in debt tests (and: out of competition tests) than in some other sports, like football or even swimming. They test on the newest forms of doping, while other sports wait and let athletes use it... It's really unfair of the press and even the olympic comittee. Try to really thoroughly test athletes from other sports and then judge...

Which doesn't mean it should be accepted that there are a lot of doping cases in cycling of course... but the strict doping regime should be applied to all sports in the same way, in my opinion. Especially sports that depend on speed or endurance.

About Lance Armstrong coming back: hmmm no comment Tongue

Würden
Administrator
Würden's picture
Offline
Joined:
September, 2006
Posts:

I agree..
The press tend to focus too much on doping in cycling so everyone connects the sport with it which is too bad..

Maybe i'll create a tour de france 2009 thread when time is Smile

__________________

Vanni G original CD/Vinyl collection count: 114

Interested in writing reviews at IDP and get free music?
Then look here!